RARE ALERT: Walt Disney Co said to have rekindled interest in buying Twitter; price agreed

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 11:03 pm

Some rather juicy RARE has landed in my lap.

It's a pretty simple tale: Walt Disney Co is said to be closing in on a multi-billion dollar takeover of micro blogging site Twitter after both companies agreed on a takeout price late last week.

Now, those readers who have been following this situation will be well aware that the market has been pretty suspect about the prospect of a takeover of Twitter following a series of reports that claimed Walt Disney, Salesforce and Alphabet Inc (also known as Google) had all dropped out of the rather public auction process...

Register for free to see rest of this article and all public articles from Betaville

[Disclaimer - the information on Betaville does not consitute any form of investment recommendation and is not intended to be relied upon by readers in making, or refraining from, any investment decisions].

Comments

• Bron Borton 9 months ago

Any Update from your Disney Source ????!??!? I DO think you are right on your intel, must not quite be there with an Ink'd deal. The TW deal with AT&T will force Softbank, Disney, or Goog to make a move. Perhaps even APPL

• Byron Borton 9 months ago

Hey Ben

Will shoot me an email about this Story ? I just want your take on whether your Disney Source is Legitimate, or perhaps he got it wrong. My take is that he is RIGHT ON, but just early on the News. Anyway, I have 7-digits in the Twitter play, so I just want to make sure I am fully informed. Now that your story is public, I see no reason you can't share your analysis on the Source, and information.

Regards

Byron

• selah 9 months ago

Man, you gotta update this Story !! :)

RSS Feed now on homepage. I hope the scoop is legit

Good Work !

• yikes_08-yahoo.com 8 months ago

This deal makes a lot of sense, compared to some others however, I believe the rumored price is to low, upper twenties? the company is worth more.

• kirk white 8 months ago

looks like this was all "codswallop".

• kmtpinfo-yahoo.com 8 months ago

Today Twitter announced partnership with Disney for streaming some content so does this mean no buyout? Any other rumors regarding potential bidders for Twitter buyout?