Chinese circle Fingerprint Cards - sources

Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 5:11 pm

Another day, another attempt by a Chinese company to buy a western business. This time the potential target is Fingerprint Cards, the Swedish biometric technology business.

According to three sources familiar with the situation, a Chinese company approached Fingerprint Cards this summer about a potential takeover deal that is likely to value the Gothenburg-based business at well over its current market capitalisation of SEK 33 billion (£3 billion)...

Register for free to see rest of this article and all public articles from Betaville

[Disclaimer - the information on Betaville does not consitute any form of investment recommendation and is not intended to be relied upon by readers in making, or refraining from, any investment decisions].

Comments

• November5 years ago

Hi Ben,

Could you contact me through mail? I have some information I'd like to share.

Best regards

• Skeptic5 years ago

Beijing watertek has a $3bn USD market cap, FINGB $3.8bn...so seems like just another bogus rumor. Didn't you learn anything from Wirecard / BABA?

• Andrew5 years ago

Hard to Believe a poor free Lance journalist has very good sources, but who knows. I am not getting excited about it anyway as a big Fingerprint Card stockholder. Would be extremely surprised if there is Any substance to it.

• Bobby Ashkenazi5 years ago

Hi Ben,

I work at an investment management firm. I wanted to get your thoughts as to the strategic rationale of such an acquisition and understand a little better how confident you were in your sources. Your track record speaks for itself, but I was curious where you would rank this relative to other stories you have broken.

Please let me know if you have 10-15 minutes to chat tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Bobby

• Skeptic5 years ago

considering the market cap of FINGB is above that of Beijing Watertek ($3.8bn USD vs. $3bn) this speculation doesn't make much sense...sort of like your speculation about Wirecard and Alibaba which BABA denied as bogus. Get new "sources" Ben.

• Torleif Mikkelsen5 years ago

Hi,

Is this planted or is your sources reliable? We have connections to the largest shareholders that have not heard talk or speculation on this subject.

Login to join the conversation